Eyelashes are a beautiful, alluring feature, capable of captivating any onlooker with awe and delight. Here at Entre Nous Aesthetics, we understand the importance of full lashes, and we have a team of specialists who work together on every set of luscious lashes to bring each client a full-featured flutter of charm.
What is a lash lift treatment?
Sometimes lashes require an extra boost, no matter how much mascara you layer on. And while extensions and fake lashes are always an option, they also require far more maintenance. Enter: the lash lift. Perming your natural lashes is a relatively low-maintenance process that curls and lifts eyelashes long-term. Those looking to save a little time during their morning routines might find this to be a treatment to consider.
Before starting the actual process, the eye area and lashes should be free of makeup and oil. The technician then applies a silicone mold or shield onto the eyelid using a non-toxic glue. That’s the only thing that touches the skin.
With the silicone mold on the eyelid, the technician then curls the lashes using the glue over the mold, which is curved upward and outward to create a curl. The final outcome is revealed once the lashes are adhered to the shield and separated. It should be noted that this service is done on the upper lashes.
Once each and every lash is applied onto the mold, they are separated individually, so you get a nice curl on the lashes, and you would apply the perm solution. The perm solution is a chemical solution that sits on the root of the eyelashes, between the root and middle of the lash, and it should sit from 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the client.
How long does eyelash lift last?
An eyelash lift can be enhanced when you use eyelash growth products which can be found online or in our clinic. Our process controls overly curly or straight lashes by giving them a uniform lifted look.
Your eyes will be closed for the entirety of the treatment. While it may feel a little strange to be unable to open your eyes, it causes no pain and offers you a chance to relax during the treatment.
An eyelash lift can vary from person to person but typically lasts about 6-8 weeks. Maintenance appointments are not necessary but the treatment will need to be repeated every 6-8 weeks to perm the new hair growth. Certain situations may cause the lift to weaken or drop prematurely such as swimming, use of harsh products, or heat. The treatment can be repeated after a minimum of 4 weeks if you find that your lift does not last the full 2 months.
What is the aftercare for a lash lift?
Here are some tips and tricks on how to get the most out of your lash lift treatment.
- Keep them dry: As lash lift involves applying specialized solutions to a delicate area, you should make sure to keep your eyelashes dry for at least 24 to 48 hours after the procedure. Avoiding moisture will help to ensure that the curl settles in properly. This means avoiding getting your lashes wet in the shower as well!
- No pillow cuddling: Do not let anything touch your eyelashes for at least 48 hours. Avoid situations that lead to tears or risk the lift of your lashes in any way. Moreover, try to sleep on your back for a couple of days to prevent your eyelashes from getting scrunched.
- Using mascara: While there is no need to use mascara after lift lash to look stunning, you might still want to wear mascara to give an added touch to your makeup. If you plan to do so, use only oil-free mascara, and that too, only after 48 hours of the procedure.
- Be aware of allergies: If you wear eye makeup after lift lash treatment, make sure to use oil-free eye makeup remover as well. This will ensure that it does not cause any allergies or damage your eyelids. When choosing an eye makeup remover, stay away from those that include parabens.
- Condition your eyelashes: Any treated hair needs to be conditioned regularly to maintain the results. You can use a nourishing moisturizer to protect your eyelashes after the lash lift procedure. Although, it will be wiser to consult with the beauty technician before trying any product on your newly curled lashes.
If you are looking to enhance your natural beauty and make your eyelashes truly stand out, Entre Nous Aesthetics is here to help! Contact our office today to get in touch with a specialist. To book an appointment, call us or visit us online!